Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



A pair of dark new titles this week, one from a fellow Canuck and the other from a scholar of Cenobites:

Worship Me by Craig Stewart
[August 1, 2017]
Something is listening to the prayers of St. Paul’s United Church, but it’s not the god they asked for; it’s something much, much older.

Before by Paul Kane
[September 5, 2017]
Described as "the dark fantasy version of Cloud Atlas," Kane's BEFORE is as wide in scope as it is in imagination


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I'm just starting in on a few titles, so we'll see if they grab me - Sip by Brian Allen Carr and Wrath of the Ancients by Catherine Cavendish.


   

What's topping your shelves this week?

10 comments:

  1. Your new books sound creepliy good. Enjoy 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these do seem dark! I hope that you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I haven't read anything dark in a while. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All of these books look so interesting! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look SO good!

    Check out my STS at El's Book Reviews! I truly appreciate it!

    Hope you have a great day!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of any of these, but I'm intrigued by the idea of Before... I'll watch out for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy your new books. They sound too creepy for me. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those new books definitely look dark and Worship Me particularly creepy. Happy reading doesn't quite fit so Enjoy Reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete