Quantcast

Saturday, July 8, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



It's finally over. We're all moved into the new house, we're unpacked, the bookshelves are set up, and things are getting back to normal. 


Getting back on track, I added 4 new titles to the review pile this week:

The Mongrel Mage by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.

An Excess Male by Maggie Shen King

The Bloodprint by Ausma Zehanat Khan

Harkworth Hall by L.S. Johnson

   

   

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

On the e-reader, I am about halfway through Blackwing by Ed McDonald, and in hardcover, I've just cracked the spine on The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams.

   

What's topping your shelves this week?

17 comments:

  1. I want a room in that Bloodprint palace!
    Hooray for the new house! I've no more place in my bookshelves whatsofreakingevah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I downsized when moving, but am already looking for a third shelf to match the first two. :)

      Delete
  2. It must be great to finally get the move done. I'd feel at home as soon as my books were unpacked and shelved! Mind you with my book addiction, that could take a week...! Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it took me most of the week to find shelves that I liked. Didn't feel moved in until the book were unboxed.

      Delete
  3. Harkworth Hall sounds really great and I noticed that the pre-order price is only 99c for Kindle. May have to buy it! :D

    My STS

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bloodprint and Harkworth Hall both look interesting. And I'm reading The Witchwood Crown right now too! I hope you enjoy all your books. - Katie

    Here's my STS: http://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.de/2017/07/stacking-shelves-8-july-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an e-ARC of The Witchwood Crown, but it's one of those books you have to be able to hold so I splurged on the hardcover. :)

      Delete
  5. Your bookshelves look so nice!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover and title catch my eye for Bloodprint! Hope you enjoy and congrats on finishing moving and unpacking that's a lot of work! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you love these new additions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your big move, Bob! Happy reading, and hope you have a nice journey with The Witchwood Crown. I just finished that one, after almost a full week of reading pretty much nothing else!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad that I didn't get the e-ARC read before release, but epic fantasy and I work SO much better as physical reads. Definitely enjoying the hardcover.

      Delete
  9. It looks like you're going to need another bookcase soon :) I always enjoy seeing photos of everyone's bookshelves and yours look very organized. Now that your move is over hopefully you can relax. Great selection of books and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very dramatic books! Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it nice to be all moved and settled? I just completed a move too and love having all my books out of boxes and organized again. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope to be posting pictures of my organized shelves in a couple months. Realistically — more like six months. But hey — I can dream.

    We're in the last few days in our current place. It seems like the work to move will never end. Come see what I'm reading when I'm not packing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bookshelf arrangement. I like the covers of Mongrel Mage and Harkworth Hall. The later looks very Gothic. Enjoy settling in to your new home and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete