Quantcast

Saturday, June 24, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



Well, we had our last garage sale today and a few dump runs to finish the day. Less than a week until we move, and hopefully I can get back into a routine. 

Despite the chaos of the last month and a bit, I did accept a trio of new review titles this week from a few authors I've read (and enjoyed) before - Mitzi SzeretoJustyna Plichta-Jendzio, and C. T. Phipps.

      

As a member of the Canadian Science Fiction & Fantasy Association, I also downloaded my voter's packet for the 2017 Aurora Awards this week, which has a ton of Canadian science fiction and fantasy titles I want to read, with a few of the highlights below (the last 2 are Best of the Decade nominees).

      

   

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.
Honestly, I haven't really had much time to read, but Mistress Of The Air was a fun diversion, so I will probably follow that up with a long-overdue read of Of Passion and Steam (which contains a Lady Sally short story).


What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. Another week and it will all be over . . . except, of course, for the unpacking!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the move! I'm probably going to be moving before too long, and the idea scares me a little. So many books to shift...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! My advice is small boxes. It takes a lot, but you'll get far less bitching and whining from the people who help carry them. LOL

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with the upcoming move, Bob! And happy reading! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. New house, private office, new bookshelves. I'm excited. :)

      Delete
  4. I'll chime in with good luck on the move. A private office and new bookshelves sounds like a good way to live! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll add my "Good luck with the move". The new house sounds like it will be nice. Lots of new acquisitions. I like the look of Wraith Knight and Clockwork Canada. Enjoy all of your reading!

    ReplyDelete