Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



Believe it or not, I didn't add a single thing to the shelves this week. No review titles, no personal titles, and no WTF Friday titles. I did request a few books that I'm still waiting on, and I know there are two books making their way through the post office, but the mailbox remains empty.

Which is good, because it means I'm making progress on clearing out the review shelves in anticipation of our upcoming big move. Every book read is one less that I have to worry about packing away. :)

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

This week's paperback read is a physical ARC of Michael Crichton's Dragon Teeth (May 23rd release), while my e-book of choice is City of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett (May 2nd release)


On the WTF Friday front, my alter-ego has a few reads on the go, so watch for reviews of the Of Passion and Steam AnthologyThe Room by Brian C. Copper, and The End Is All We See by M.F. Wahl & A.J. Brown.


What's topping your shelves this week?

20 comments:

  1. Crichton is like Tupac; how long after death is new stuff going to keep coming out with his name on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the editor's note, Crichton's wife found the finished manuscript in his files. It does have the feel of an older Crichton novel, like The Great Train Robbery or Eaters of the Dead, which I find encouraging. I don't get the sense anybody tried to polish or update it to be more contemporary.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for City of Miracles. Not long now!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it yesterday. All I will say is the first chapter is explosive. :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I could make progress on not buying books! A couple of blank weeks would help me no end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's rare for me too, but it takes some pressure off the review piles.

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in reading Dragon Teeth but I'm also a little leery. I haven't had a good track record with Crichton books. I read Eaters of the Dead, but I didn't like it. I tried to read The Lost World but got bored and never went back to it. I do have some of his other books still, and I plan to give them another try. I don't know, though, if I should bother getting the new one. I guess I'll wait and see how you like it :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to make a dent in one's TBR shelf! What do you do with the books you have read? I often give them to friends or take them to work for my co-workers to read. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends. Some I lend away, some I trade at the used bookstore, and some I keep on the shelf. When we get moved, I'd like to set up one of those little free libraries.

      Delete
  6. Oh, you tease! I can't wait to start both Dragon Teeth and City of Miracles. Just saw your reply to Lynn - explosive first chapter you say? Gah! I wonder if it has to do with a certain event that was mentioned in the blurb...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was doing so well about not bringing in new books, and then I backslide. Oh well. Hopefully I will be cutting back soon. I need to work on reading the books I own. City of Mirrors looks really good.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure if I will read City of Miracles, but am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a move in my rather near future too. I'm still adding books but they are 99% Kindle books which makes packing easy. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ENJOY your books and reading week.

    I don't know any of these books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely forgot to mention the books I purchased last week. I got three middle grade graphic novels and a road trip novel. It's Monday, What Are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Color me green you got an arc of Dragon Teeth! Is it amazing? I read another of your responses where you state it's like his older books - which means it must be pretty darn great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer about not getting any books this week, though maybe that's a good thing so your TBR list doesn't go as crazy :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes an empty mailbox is a nice breather. Your two current reads both look good. I'll watch for your reviews. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dropping by very belatedly. Still jealous you have a copy of City of Miracles. *pines*

    ReplyDelete