Quantcast

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox
Expected publication: April 25th 2017 by Tor Books

The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase, an original novel based on the hit television show, The Librarians by New York Times bestselling author, Greg Cox.

For millennia, the Librarians have secretly protected the world by keeping watch over dangerous magical relics. Cataloging and safeguarding everything from Excalibur to Pandora’s Box, they stand between humanity and those who would use the relics for evil.

Stories have power.

In 1719, Elizabeth Goose published a collection of rhyming spells as a children's book, creating a spellbook of terrifying power. The Librarian of that age managed to dispose of all copies of the book except one, which remained in the possession of Elizabeth Goose and her family, temporarily averting any potential disaster.

Now, strange things are happening around the world. A tree-trimmer in Florida is blown off his elevated perch by a freak gust of wind, a woman in rural Pennsylvania is attacked by mutant rodents without any eyes, and a college professor in England finds herself trapped inside a prize pumpkin at a local farmer’s market. Baird and her team of Librarians suspect that the magic of Mother Goose is again loose in the world, and with Flynn AWOL—again—it is up to Cassandra, Ezekiel, and Stone to track down the missing spellbook before the true power of the rhymes can be unleashed.


Greg Cox absolutely nailed the tone of the first book, so I'm anxious to read his second Librarians tale. Although I landed an ARC earlier this month, the publisher has asked that reviews be held until 2 weeks before the publication date, so I am waiting patiently . . . kind of. :)

4 comments:

  1. The Librarians is actually a show I have been wanting to see sometime but thus far hasn't showed up on my streaming service. It looks like my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy it. It's a bit cheesy (deliberately so), but a ton of fun.

      Delete
  2. I have not seen the show, but I was a little curious when the first book came out. The title of this just makes me want to check it out even more now.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the first book, but not enough to guarantee I'll read the next one. will likely depend on my mood at the time (as well as what else I have lined up)

    ReplyDelete