Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: Futanari Dino Riders of the Apocalypse by Bryce Calderwood

Fantasy Review: The War of the First Day by Thomas Fleet

Waiting on Wednesday: Thrawn by Timothy Zahn

Fantasy Review: Death's Mistress by Terry Goodkind

What is your favorite line or paragraph? (Guest Post & Giveaway)


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

One new physical ARC in the mail this week:

The Heart of Stone by Ben Galley
Mercenary. Murderer. Monster. Every fighter faces his final fight. Even one made of stone


And a pair of digital additions to the review pile:

Mythos Christos by Edwin Herbert
A fast-paced, controversial novel that goes beyond Da Vinci Code to explore mythology, emotion, and faith versus fact

Cold Calling by Haydn Wilks
Other reviewers have called it way beyond gritty, not for the squeamish, and quite revolting


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Not quite there yet, but I'm slowly catching up with the review pile:

Blood, the Phoenix and a Rose: An Alchymical Triptych by Storm Constantine
A stand-alone trilogy of connected novellas, are witness accounts that bring light to one of the darkest corners of Wraeththu history

The Veil (Testaments I and II) by Joseph D'Lacey
 The world has gone quiet - no electricity, no engines, most of the people gone - and, at night, the landscape glows with unnatural light



What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. I've hardly got any reviews done this year...I have got a lot to get onto the blog but time seems to run away from me every week! I hope this week turns out better! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other reviewers have called it way beyond gritty, not for the squeamish, and quite revolting

    Eek! Not for me, I think! But I hope you enjoy it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of interesting books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, I really want to read Ben Galley's book Bloodrush, been curious about it ever since last year's SPFBO where it got some great reviews.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Heart of Stone. Mercenary. Murderer. Monster... sounds like Hitlery Clinton's biography :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heart of Stone looks intriguing. I mostly have books read to me on my Kindle. But yesterday I read the Harry Potter: Cursed Child. Only took about 5 hours. I'm reading books with my granddaughter. I just bought book 12 in the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Been a while since I read the first 11, but I'm about to hit a couple of 4-6 hour stretches of traveling with spotty radio, so a good book will help pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heart of Stone looks amazing and sounds amazing too. I hope you enjoy it, I can't wait to see what you think of it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart of Stone sounds good to me. I hope you enjoy it. Come see my reading week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart of Stone looks really interesting and so does The Veil.
    (Dezmond's comment made me chuckle!) Enjoy your Reading!

    ReplyDelete