Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF FridaySteel and Promise by Alexa Black

Dark Faerie Prize Pack with E.J. Stevens

Most Anticipated Reads of 2017

Graphic Novel Review: Shame by Lovern Kindzierski & John Bolton


This will be my last weekly update for the year, as I'm taking a bit of a break during the holidays.

While I'm gone, I invite you to enjoy a little WTH Holiday mayhem as my dark half and his literary diversions break out of their Friday dungeon, filling the holidays with the bizarre, the twisted, the grotesque, and the kinky. Enjoy!

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

It's an all WTH Holidays stacking of the shelves this week:

Circle Z by Brandon L. Summers

Serpent Girl by Ray Garton

Knight Force by AJ Vincent 



The Inquisitor's Gift by Sionnach Wintergreen

The Enforcer by J.E. & M. Keep

The Corruption of Ynara, Goddess of Purity by Philo Hunter 


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

With an eye towards starting the new year with some (hopefully) killer reviews, these are the books keeping me company over the holidays:

I've been sitting on this for a few weeks, but it's finally time to revisit Osten Ard

Recluce Tales: Stories from the World of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
So far this is fantastic . . . such a diverse world of stories

Little Heaven by Nick Cutter
I've had this since summer, but was asked to hold a review until closer to its Jan release


What's topping your shelves this week?

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books and your time away from the blog. Hope you have a happy, healthy and peaceful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul this week! Here's hoping you have a quiet(ish), restful time away from the blog and bloggy world--enjoy your mini vacay, and happy holidays to you and yours!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us! Here's my Stacking the Shelves post, if you're interested in checking it out. No worries or pressure if you're not, though! Either way, I hope you enjoy your newest bookish acquisitions, and have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of books this week! I haven't heard of any of these before, but it looks like you have a fun week or two of reading ahead of you. Enjoy!

    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great holiday break and happy new year! Hope you get in plenty of relaxing time and good reads :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be a huge Ray Garton fan. Not sure I can stomach him anymore:-) Happy holidays, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, The Enforcer seems like something I would enjoy. Color me curious. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Bob. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read Little Heaven for sooooooo long now. I hope you enjoy your books, and hapy holidays.


    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some great books for the holidays. I'm anxious to start Little Heaven. I think I'm going to make that my first book of '17.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great holiday and see you in 2017. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books all sound interesting, but I haven't heard of any of them.Here is my IMWAYR: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-mailbox-monday

    ReplyDelete