Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


Horror Review: All In Fear edited by May Peterson

Embers, Masks, and Guards: Catching up with the review pile

Horror and Romance guest post by Steve Berman

A Creative Dialog With Myself guest post by David B. Coe


Coming up this week . . . my annual Year In Review wrap-up of the best reads of the year.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

Okay, so I fell off the wagon a little bit this week and succumbed to a trio of review titles:

Mona Lisa's Secret by Phil Philips
I'm always up for a good treasure hunt adventure

Dragon Apocalypse: The Complete Collection by James Maxey
I loved the first book, so I'm excited to read through the rest of series

The King's Tournament by John Yeo
I couldn't resist a lusty centaur woman, a deformed lunatic, and a beautiful slave girl

      

The wife and I took a mini vacation last weekend, so we (of course) hit a few used bookstores along the way, stocking up on the likes of Sharon Green, L.E. Modesitt Jr., R.A. Salvatore, and Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman.


Armed with an Amazon gift certificate, Foster took advantage of the Cyber Monday sales and picked up a nice selection of potential WTF Friday reads.

The Book of a Thousand Sins by Wrath James White

Vamps: An erotic horror novel by Mawr Gorshin

Operation: Deep Nine by Alana Melos 

The Devil and Delilah by Alana Melos

The Queen of Swords by Alana Melos 



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I have a few reads I've finished over the past couple of weeks that I need to get reviewed soon, but this week is a fresh dive into the review pile, with:

The Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story by Douglas Preston
(the new season of Oak Island has me on a treasure kick, as you may have noticed)

(I've been sitting on this for a few weeks, but it's finally time to revisit Osten Ard)

Recluce Tales: Stories from the World of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
(So far this is fantastic . . . such a diverse world of stories)


What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much on a book ban until January now so I can get the tbr down a bit. This month I'll be reading lots of zombies, dinosaurs and assorted supernatural monsters so that should be fun! Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on a book slowdown, but it's clear I'm going to have to go cold turkey at some point. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week!.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That''s a lot of awesome books you got! the cover to the Thousand Sins looks disturbing though.

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new arrivals are all new to me, though I'm quite excited to see what will be in your upcoming "Year In Review" post :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naahhh, you didn't fall off the wagon! This isn't too bad. It just means you have a lot to read over the holidays. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read a Douglas Preston novel when he's writing on his own but I do love his books that he co-authors with Lincoln Child. I'm going to have to check out The Lost City of the Monkey God. I haven't seen anyone post about R.A. Salvatore before (I haven't read him) but my brother was a big D&D/Forgotten Realms fan back in the early 90s and seeing his name brought me back. I hope you enjoy your reads!
    Here's my It's Monday! post

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Book of a Thousand Sins sounds like my kind of book. I hope you enjoy your books!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have all of Sharon Green's books on my keeper shelves. Haven't re-read any of them for years though. They might not make the cut the next time I weed those shelves. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete