Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: Primitive by Hannah Heat

Horror Review: Horrors and Occupational Hazards by Sharon L. Higa

Waiting On Wednesday: With Blood Upon the Sand by Bradley P. Beaulieu

Fantasy Review: Arcanum Unbounded by Brandon Sanderson

TV Tuesday: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Fantasy Review: The Sleeping King by Cindy Dees and Bill Flippin


As for what's coming up, we have two awesome guests wandering their way into the Ruins this week - David B. Coe and Steve Berman.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

Just the two new review title this week. I couldn't resist the allure of "an order of deep-sea diving nuns caring for a sunken chapel" and I have long been fascinated by the tales of the Wraeththu.

The Kissing Booth Girl and Other Stories by A.C. Wise

Blood, the Phoenix and a Rose by Storm Constantine

  

My long-awaited copy of Unbreakable by W.C. Bauers arrived this week as well - a signed edition that I won via a Facebook reading party.


I also hit some used bookstores this week, and stocked up on a little adventure with Will Adams, some pulp fantasy with Sharon Green, and some classic/traditional/high fantasy with the likes of Lackey, Mallory, Newcomb, Weis, and Krammes.


And, finally, even though it wasn't Thanksgiving here, I took advantage of the Black Friday sales to do a little Kindle shopping, picking up a pair of adventures . . .

The Dane Maddock Adventures - Volume 2 by David Wood

Blood and Sand by Matthew James

   

. . . while Foster, of course, snagged himself  a pair of new WTF Friday reads.

Diablo Grotesque by William P Blight

Dirty Journey To Parallel Worlds by Ruby City Books

   

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I have a few reads I've finished over the past couple of weeks that I need to get reviewed soon, but this week is a fresh dive into the review pile, with:

The Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story
(the new season of Oak Island has me on a treasure kick, as you may have noticed)


(Steve Berman will be stopping by for a guest post this week)



Recluce Tales: Stories from the World of Recluce
(I'm very excited to be diving into this as my next paperback read)


What's topping your shelves this week?

17 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try The Alexander Cipher by Will Adams for a while now, I keep glancing at it when I go to my library branch but I just haven't picked it up. I hope you enjoy it and all your new reads this week. I see a few I'm going to have to look into a bit more.
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. When I saw the used copy, I figured it was time to give him a read.

      Delete
  2. Deep sea diving nuns? :) Talk about getting creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get much in the actual sales which is annoying but I consoled myself with a few splurges to cheer myself up. Deep sea diving nuns? Well that sounds a bit different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I'll go nuts run cyber Monday book deals tomorrow

      Delete
  4. All In Fear looks intriguing, and I love the cover of THe Kissing Booth Girl. I hope you enjoy your books!


    My Stacking The Shelves post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul of books. I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of awesome books you got there and it's great having an autographed book on hand!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great books this week. Most are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, congrats on the win! Signed books are the best. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cool, how awesome you got a signed copy of Unbreakable! I've read that one, and thought it was a really fun military sci-fi.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it when it first came out, so I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  10. Signed copies are always nice! Especially when you win them for free! Enjoy your books, and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your books, and have a great week!
    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. We didn't have Thanksgiving here last week either, but it seems that no one can pass up a good sale, since all our stores were having Black Friday sales anyway - it seems so weird, since for us it's just a random Friday that no one has off anyway...!! Oh well, it's good for online shopping, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your books, they all sound interesting! Here is my IMWAYR?: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/its-monday-what-are-you-reading8953090

    ReplyDelete