Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: In the Arms of Love by Bryce Calderwood

Giant monsters are f*cking cool guest post by Justin Stewart

Cover Reveal: Whitechapel Paranormal Society by E. J. Stevens

Waiting On Wednesday: The Feast of All Souls by Simon Bestwick

Horror Review: Baker (Demons and other Night Things) by Terry M. West


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A great selection of review titles once again this week:

The Last Sacrifice by James A Moore



The Librarians and The Lost Lamp by Greg Cox

Treachery's Tools by L. E. Modesitt Jr.

Unhonored: Book Two of The Nightbirds by Tracy Hickman and Laura Hickman


A used bookstore haul from my trip across border with some out-of-print Jerry Ahern,William Barton, Robert E. Vardeman, and Victor Milan; as well as some mass market editions of Jacqueline Carey, Fiona Patton, and Janny Wurts:


And, finally, a handful of Kindle freebies to stock the WTF Friday shelves:

   

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

With the Halloween season in full swing, I'm continuing my tour of the darkest corners of my review shelves . . .

 

What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. The Last Sacrifice has such a nice cover! I'm slowly preparing for our biggest book fair here which has close to 200,000 visitors each year, gotta buy me some things, sign books for fans and bring back dozens of my author copies from my publishers, I might need a trolley or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover for The Last Sacrifice. You always seem to have covers that look interesting every week or books with great names! I think I need to find a few dark corners and unleash the horrors! I'm on zombies again and feel like I'm coming home! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love looking at the covers of your WTF Friday books! I'm going to be reading Reanimatrix as well, hope we both enjoy it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! And curious to see what you think of Reanimatrix - I can't say it was anything like I expected.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit, I've not heard of most of the books you have here! I got The Librarians and the Lost Lamp too - will see if I can squeeze it in. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good haul! I'm curious what you'll think of Reanimatrix, too, after Mogsy's review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to have dark corners on my TBR shelves. I'm way too suggestible for scary books. Give me sweet and fluffy leavened by the occasional murder mystery. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how detailed these covers are. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last Sacrifice has a cool cover

    ReplyDelete