Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Smoke Hunter by Jacquelyn Benson

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Smoke Hunter by Jacquelyn Benson
Expected publication: November 3rd 2016 by Headline

Frustrated suffragette and would-be archaeologist Ellie Mallory stumbles across a map to a city that shouldn't exist, a jungle metropolis alive and flourishing centuries after the Mayan civilization mysteriously collapsed. Discovering it would make her career, but Ellie isn't the only one after the prize. A disgraced professor and his ruthless handler are hot on her heels, willing to go any extreme to acquire the map for themselves.

To race them through the uncharted jungle, Ellie needs a guide. The only one with the expertise is maverick surveyor Adam Bates. But with his determination to nose his way into Ellie's many secrets, Bates is a dangerous partner.

As Ellie gets closer to her goal, she realizes it's not just her ambitions at stake. A powerful secret lies hidden in the heart of the city - and if it falls into the wrong hands, it could shake the very fate of the world.


It's been called the illegitimate love-child of Lara Croft and Indiana Jones, and compared to both the conspiracy of Dan Brown and the authenticity of Clive Cussler. That's a lot of promise to live up to, but I'm anxious to give it a read.

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested in this, especially since I love all those references! I wonder if it's got a US publication date? Must investigate:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got turned down for the UK ARC due to territorial restrictions (which is how I discovered it), but it looks like the US date may actually be a week earlier.

      Delete
  2. Woah! I've not seen this book before, but I am definitely intrigued! It sounds awesome. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that's a new to me one! Sounds awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't looked at this one before, definitely sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at archaeology! The "illegitimate love-child of Lara Croft and Indiana Jones" blurb doesn't hurt either! Must check this one out.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete