Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed any of it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


#SPFBO Review of Bloodrush by Ben Galley

#SPFBO Review of  A Soul For Trouble by Crista McHugh

#SPFBO Review of Under a Colder Sun by Greg James

Thriller Review of The Mercenary's Bounty by CJ Davis

Fantasy Review of Dragonborn by Maeghan Friday

Fantasy Review of The King’s Justice by Stephen R. Donaldson


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

For Review:

Dragon Hunters: The Chronicles of the Exile, Book Two by Marc Turner
Once a year the fabled Dragon Gate is raised to let a sea dragon pass into the Sabian Sea, to be hunted by the Storm Lords, but one of their own has ordered the gate to be sabotaged, while assassins target the Storm Lord dynasty. 

The Sexorcism of Amber Holloway by Caspar Vega
An old school pulp romp provided you've never been to an old school. A crass adventure story your grandfather would enjoy if your grandfather was a thirsty anorexic sex wizard.

Purchased:

Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding
I came across a discussion thread the other day talking about fantasy novels that had an Indiana Jones flair. Most I had already read, but this is a new series I'm excited to jump into.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Okay, I have been patient long enough. I've caught up on my release date reviews. I'm on a good pace for Mark Lawrence's Great Self-Published Fantasy Blog-off. I'm finally free to indulge myself, to pick up the beautifully thick ARC that has been starting me in the face, and ready to crack the spine on Chains of the Heretic: Bloodsounder's Arc Book Three by Jeff Salyards.

The cover blurb promises that "What Braylar What Braylar, Soffjian, Arki, and the Jackals discover beyond the Godveil will shake an empire, reshape a map, and irrevocably alter the course of history," and I like the sounds of that!



What's topping your shelves this week?

5 comments:

  1. An ARC of Dragon Hunters showed up yesterday too (but didn't quite make it in time before the cutoff for my Roundup post) and I'm feeling quite hopeful that this will be the one to dig its hooks in me. There was great set up in When the Heavens Fall, so I look forward to diving right into the action. Plus, that brilliant cover!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    Bookshelf Roundup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read these ones but they look good! happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. did anybody mention dragons? You know I'm hear as soon as I hear dragons! I wanna read RETRIBUTION FALLS too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time to see all of your books. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Retribution Falls! Someone bought it for me in a Secret Santa last year.

    ReplyDelete