Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: A Long Time Until Now by Michael Z. Williamson

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

A Long Time Until Now by Michael Z. Williamson
Hardcover, 672 pages
Expected publication: May 5th 2015 by Baen

Book 1 in a new series from the creator of the best-selling Freehold Universe series.  A military unit is thrust back into Paleolithic times with only their guns and portable hardware.

Ten soldiers on convoy in Afghanistan suddenly find themselves lost in time. Somehow, they arrived in Earth's Paleolithic Asia. With no idea how they arrived or how to get back, the shock of the event is severe. They discover groups of the similarly displaced: Imperial Romans, Neolithic Europeans, and a small cadre of East Indian peasants. Despite their technological advantage, the soldiers only have ten people, and know no way home. Then two more time travelers arrive from a future far beyond the present. These time travelers may have the means to get back, but they aren't giving it up. In fact, they may have a treacherous agenda of their own, one that may very well lead to the death of the displaced in a harsh and dangerous era.


Time travel, dinosaurs, and a clash of armies from different eras and places? Count me in.

13 comments:

  1. Dinosaurs are going to be the new thing this year huh? The kid in me is really digging this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, I haven't read anything like this before. Might be fun :)

    My wow's at YA Story Teller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one until now, but that synopsis got me pretty excited for it. I'll be on the lookout for reviews of this.
    -DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! But wow that's a long book:-( After reading The Lost Level, I could totally see myself enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like it could be really amazing - I mean, Paleolithic Asia! But if the author has dinosaurs that means he's about 60 millions years off, unless the dinosaurs were displaced too along with the other groups. Wow, this actually could be awesome.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my normal type of read but I must say that time travel and dinosaurs does sound cool. :)

    Stormi
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. A long Time Until Now sounds exciting, I love time travel stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it might be great fun! It's got dinosaurs and I love the ideas of different groups of people from different time periods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy the book!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, I think I could go either way with this one. It sounds cool, but also sounds like something that could go horribly wrong if not done well. But I guess that tends to be true of pretty much all books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, my, what a stunning cover and the setting sounds exciting. Don't think I could sympathise with the characters if they're the invaders from Afghanistan

    ReplyDelete