Quantcast

Saturday, April 4, 2015

A to Z Challenge: Dude Looks Like a Lady

This year, I am once again taking part in the April adventure that is the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's basically about 26 posts (we don't post Sundays), preferably on a theme, blogging our way through the alphabet from A to Z. My theme this year is all about TV Tropes, celebrating random tropes with some sort of weird, odd, unusual, controversial, or taboo element that appeals to my warped sense of literary adventure.

Continuing the theme, we have Dude Looks Like a Lady (check out the page for a complete definition, but your first guess is probably pretty close to the mark). After a quick perusal of the Literature examples provided, I've gotta go with:

"The Fool in Robin Hobb's works. He even spends a few years passing as a woman, and for most of the series the Fool's exact gender is unknown, until the final book of The Tawny Man series, where it is revealed that the Fool is actually male."

7 comments:

  1. Now I will have that Aerosmith song in my head all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are worse songs to have stuck in your head, Alex! I think the first exposure I had to cross-dressing fellows was Busom Buddies back in the eighties. I don't think this comic gag will ever go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are worse songs to have stuck in your head, Alex! I think the first exposure I had to cross-dressing fellows was Busom Buddies back in the eighties. I don't think this comic gag will ever go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are worse songs to have stuck in your head, Alex. I think the first exposure to cross-dressing fellows for me was Busom Buddies in the eighties. I'm guessing this comic gag will never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book sounds like a lot of fun! :D

    http://smhasty.blogspot.com/2015/04/d-david-duchovny-why-wont-you-love-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! This was a prompt for me one year at a writer's conference and I had a lot of fun with the story I came up with! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song. And I love the Robin Hobb books!

    ReplyDelete