Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

IWSG - Back on Track

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is a once-monthly blog hop originated by our very sci-fi ninja, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and which now has a permanent home at the IWSG site. Every first Wednesday of the month we gather to connect with one another, to share our thoughts and our insecurities, and to offer one another the kind of guidance and reassurance that only another author can provide.

Believe it or not, I'm in a good place this month . . . no worries, no frustrations, and no insecurities.

After a long dry spell, I'm back on track and writing (well, in this case, editing) again, but that's not to say it's been a flawless recovery. I was actually in a pretty dark place last week when it looked like I'd lost my cheat sheet for the restructuring of my novella. There are 2 parallel stories within it, and I'd had an epiphany of a sort several months ago as to exactly how those stories should mesh. I had about 3 pages of notes laying out in what order the scenes should fall and what new connections I had to build. I was happy with it, I was excited about it, and then life intervened.

I was finally ready to get back to it . . . but couldn't find the notes. What was worse, I couldn't even remember if I'd typed them or just written them by hand, so I wasn't even sure I was looking in the right place. Fortunately, I did finally find the notes (saved under a working title I don't remember ever coming up with), and I've started digging in.

I'm sure my next insecurity will be finding a publisher, but that's putting the cart before the horse. :)

6 comments:

  1. Talk about panic. Glad you found the notes. I doubt I'd remember what I wrote down either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid I'd left them on my old office laptop, which meant they would have been lost forever with the job change. Thank the gods and monsters for the Cloud. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats for getting back on track! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't we just love it when memory (or the loss of it) plays with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew--glad you found your notes! I hate when I can't remember where I jotted something down. Glad you're making some editing progress. Hopefully I can say the same soon.

    ReplyDelete