Quantcast

Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Life Imitating Art: Guest Post by Crymsyn Hart

Life imitating art….hmmm what can I say? I’m not some subject of a painting that has stepped out of the landscape and I don’t normally dress up like the Mona Lisa with her strange and quirky smile. Although, I have been known to be a little quirky. And what falls into the quirkiness is some of the experiences I've had as a psychic. Trust me, it was nothing that I grew up running around screaming to the world, make me a psychic. It just kinda happened and because of those occurrences, I've been able to put many of them into the books that I write. Sure some of my characters are psychics, or witches because I’m also pagan and others are vampires.  The only the ones I have are cosmetic I can pop in and out. But when it comes to the ghosts that I've seen and the people I've read, I have a great out for putting them into my books and twisting them into fiction.

When I was in college I worked at a psychic salon in Boston, I read hundreds of people and learned a lot of things. The people at the tearoom were my second family. While I learned a few things, worked on my courses, commuted three hours a day and by the end worked two job full time and did school full time, I had enough material to put it into a book and so I did. Working at the Tearoom, I wrote my Soul Reaper Series where the first incarnation of my grim reapers appeared. Most of the people in the book are true representations of my co-workers at the time. And of course, now the Tearoom has moved a block up the street, but it’s still running owned by the same owner.

At fifteen I lived in an upstairs apartment in an old house with my mother. We used the front door to go upstairs and the landlords used the back door to access the first floor. I’d stay up late at night watching whatever on television and sometimes I would see this white streak darting into out bathroom. I never thought much of it until I came home from school one day and went into my mother’s bedroom. I got cold and looked over into the doorway and there was nothing there. However, when I glanced back into the mirror, there was a little girl about six wearing a white dress with blonde curls and dead eyes staring back at me in the doorway. There was another mirror in front of me where I could see the other mirror’s reflection. The little girl wasn't reflected in there. When I glanced back, I saw her in the other mirror. Then she was gone.

That story was the basis for my story You are My Sunshine. The little girl makes an appearance. We moved from the house soon after, although not because of the haunting. I lived in other haunted places, but that one stuck with me the most.

These days I don't do readings unless friends ask me and I don't seek out the dead. I channel that part of me into my writing and not into the dead or diving the future. I'll always be psychic and always see the dead, I can turn the dial down in my head, but I can't turn it off. Now when it comes to my muses, there is no off button for them. So my life ekes into my art because as the saying goes, write what you know.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

About the Author

Crymsyn Hart is a National Bestselling author of over seventy paranormal romance and horror novels. Her experiences as a psychic have given her a lot of material to use in her books. She currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her hubby and her three dogs. If she’s not writing, she’s curled up with the dogs watching a good horror movie or off with friends.

To find out more about Crymsyn:

Website: http://www.ravynhart.com
Twitter: @crymsynhart
Blog: http://www.crymsynhart.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crymsynhart
Amazon: Crymsyn Hart Author Page
Newsletter: Sign Up Here

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

About the Book

Death's Dance by Crymsyn Hart 
Published June 23rd 2014 by Seventh Star Press, LLC

Being a psychic, you would think talking to the dead was a walk in the park. However, it's not always that simple. The hooded specter haunting me is one I've been dreaming about since I was a kid. One day, he appeared in my bedroom mirror. Good. Evil. I don't know what his true intentions are. Enter Jackson, ghost hunting show host extraordinaire, and my ex, to save me from the big bad ghost. From there...well...it's been a world wind of complications. My house burnt down. I'm being stalked by an ancient evil and gotten myself back into the world of being a ghost hunting psychic. Jackson dragged me, along with a few other psychics, to a ghost town wiped off the map called Death's Dance. From there things went from bad to worse. Death's Dance is Book One in the Deathly Encounters series.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Tour Schedule and Activities

8/18 Jess Resides Here Interview
8/18 The Southern Belle from Hell Top Ten
8/18 Beauty in Ruins Guest Post
8/19 Darkling Delights Guest Post
8/19 Deal Sharing Aunt Top Ten
8/19 Shells interviews Guest Post
8/20 Stuart Conover's Author Page Interview
8/20 SpecMusicMuse Interview
8/20 Azure Dwarf Post on Artwork
8/21 Come Selahway with Me Top Ten List
8/21 Armand Rosamilia, Horror Author Guest Post
8/21 SocialBookShelves.com Review
8/21 Blog of Sheila Deeth Character Post
8/21 A Haunted Head Guest Post
8/21 The Official Writing Blog of Deedee Davies Top Ten list
8/22 SBM Book Obsession Review
8/22 Bee's Knees Reviews Guest Post
8/22 Seers, Seraphs, Immortals & More Interview
8/23 Reading Away The Days Review
8/23 Sapphyria's Book Reviews Excerpt
8/23 Horror Tree Guest Post
8/24 Willow's Author Love Review
8/24 The Rage Circus Vs. The Soulless Void Review
8/24 Bookishly Me Review
8/24 LucyBlueCastle Guest Post

3 comments: