Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

A to Z Challenge: Bob Eggleton

The A to Z Challenge is a meme posting every day (except Sundays) in April. Check out the list of 2000+ participants and follow along for 26 days (and 26 letters) of fun. The 2-letter code after each blog name may help narrow your choices - (BO) is Books, (WR) is Writing, (PH) is Photography . . . and, if you're concerned about those NSFW pages, (AC) is Adult Content.

For my theme, I thought I'd do something I generally try very hard not to do, and that is judge a book by its cover. Yes, this year my A to Z Challenge is all about the cover artists who give the books we know and love so much damn shelf appeal.

Continuing through the alphabet, we have Bob Eggleton (a frequent Brian Lumley collaborator) the man behind the stunning covers below:

  
  

I'd only ever know about Eggleton's covers for the Subterranean Press editions of Lumley's work (which I love), so the announcement for Kaiju Rising was a nice surprise. That got me looking, and I realized I had indeed seen his work in a number of other places, including the Bertin series (which I quite like as well). Graphic and monstrous, he has a unique style that really sets the books apart.

You can check out his site here.

4 comments:

  1. He's done work for a variety of authors.
    Now I'm trying to guess what illustrator you'll feature each letter. Will see if I'm right about F and W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think F, S, and W were the easiest ones to come up with, so I suspect your guess will be right on. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the Dragonlord cover. Definitely going to look up this author, thanks.
    Damyanti Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2014, Daily (w)rite Latest Post

    Twitter: @damyantig
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few Baen books that I bought in those editions solely because of liking the Eggleton covers. He does some really nice work.

    ReplyDelete