Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stacking The Shelves & What I'm Reading

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme being hosted by Tynga's Reviews that's about sharing the books you've added to your shelves - physical and virtual, borrowed and bought. It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey, and it's focused on what's in your hands, as opposed to what's on your shelf.


With an eye towards my plans for the next few months, I'm still trying to hold off on adding too much to the TBR pile, but I did pick up a few new titles:

Who Killed John F. Kennedy? (Lose Your Own Adventure #1)
by Despair Inc.
Paperback, 190 pages
Published July 21st 2013 by Despair, Inc.

Received from the publisher. It looks and feels like an old Choose Your Own Adventure book, but it's got a twist that only the folks behind Demotivators® could come up with.



The Tormentors
by Jack Phoenix
Paperback, 182pages
Published June 1, 2013 by Damnation Books, LLC

Nabbed this as my complimentary title for taking the reading preferences survey that Damnation Books was running for the past few weeks.





Dying Is My Business
by Nicholas Kaufmann
Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: October 8th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

Received from NetGalley. Sounds like a very dark slice of urban fantasy featuring a hero causes the death of an innocent every time he cheats death. Oh, and a dangerous magic taht turns people into inhuman monstrosities doesn't hurt either.


Rotten Row
by Chaz Brenchley
Paperback, 122 pages
Published July 23rd 2014 by Book View Cafe

Purchased from Amazon. What can I say, the cover caught my eye. I've been meaning to give him a read, so maybe this will prompt me to dig up my paperbacks of his Outremer series.




The Roswell Protocols
by Allan Burd
Paperback, 482pages
Published June 15, 2009 by Bed Bug Publishing, Inc.

Purchased from Amazon. Another one that caught my eye, a large-scale story of the race to discover the crashed remains - and technology - of a UFO.






As for what we're reading, the team has reviews coming up over the next 2 weeks for:



What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. Not familiar with these but I hope you like them all. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these, but I hope you enjoy them! :)

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great books! I'm curious about some. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh lots of intriguing reads there! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lose Your Own Adventure? Now that's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of those, but I hope you enjoy them! :D

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard about these but Dying is My Business sound good!
    Happy reading!

    My books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to check out those Lose you rown adventure books at some point. I used to love the "Choose your own adventures." Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cant wait to hear about the Kan Ghul book! Sounds exotic :)

    ReplyDelete