Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Crown of Vengeance by Lackey and Mallory

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Crown of Vengeance by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory

Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, bestselling authors individually and together, return to the world  of their New York Times and USA Today bestselling Obsidian and Enduring Flame Trilogies with Crown of Vengeance.

Here, readers will learn the truth about the Elven Queen Vielissiar Faricarnon, who was the first to face the Endarkened in battle and the first to bond with a dragon. She worked some of the greatest magics her world has ever known, and paid the greatest Price.

Crown of Vengeance is an exciting fantasy adventure that will appeal to fans of Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series. No previous knowledge of Lackey and Mallory's collaborations is necessary to enjoy this fast-paced, action-packed novel, but returning readers will be excited to discover this amazing story. (Nov 13, 2012)

Lackey is always a go-to, old-reliable author for me when it comes to traditional fantasy, and I thoroughly enjoyed her first trilogy with Mallory (The Obsidian Trilogy). I haven't had a chance to give their Enduring Flame Trilogy a read yet, but nice to know they're still exploring their world together.

4 comments:

  1. ooh, I had started their other series, but didn't finish it, I need to get back on that!

    Here's a link to my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mercedes Lackey, and I think I have to read this series. Please check out my WoW!

    Also we're doing a giveaway of Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boys. Entries close on the 26th.

    Thanks

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Lackey's Valdemar series. I vaguely recall reading "The Outstretched Shadow" and liking it, but it's been so long that I kind of forgot to return to it. I'm glad you reminded me of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete