Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Don't forget to check out my interviews with Lee Battersby and Adam Christopher for a chance to win paperback ARC copies of The Corpse Rat King and Seven Wonders.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: What is the best cover of a book that you've read and loved?

Last week I picked Clive Barker's US editions of the Books of Blood as some of the worst covers, so it's time to give some love to the UK covers that first made me a fan. Just to balance things out, I'll include the simple beauty of his original Imajica cover as well (although the re-release cover isn't bad).


      

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: 
How do you go about choosing what you read next? Do you have a schedule you follow, or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?

I am absolutely a mood reader, picking up whatever happens to appeal to my whims of the moment. I will schedule reads where I have a hard deadline (i.e. a book tour), but otherwise I go with whatever interests me.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, really odd covers, but they are pretty nice.
    New follower :) My FF is here http://fictionflaire.blogspot.in/2012/08/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different kind of covers. Haven't heard of them either.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the simpleness of the original one. New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. The covers are just creepy

    Lisa @ When She Reads
    http://when-she-reads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I don't really like those covers. I wouldn't pick them up in the store. A bit too.. weird for me :)

    Come visit my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. this cover is really odd... haha
    new follower: http://thebookgineer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those covers might have made me not dare to read the books they creep me out!

    I'm a new RSS follower,and here is my FF post. I'd appreciate a follow back :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one creepy cover! Old follower :)


    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strange covers!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower from blog hop follow me back at http://book-dessert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! New follower on GFC! I'm doing the blog hop thing. :D
    Michelle
    http://momwithakindle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to be a mood reader too. When I overbook myself with tours or whatever & I cant freely chose a book to read it feels like a chore.
    The mandatory read can be awesome, but if I cant freely pick its like UGH.
    I am NOT doing more tours after next month. I'll do my committed ones and the year will end with me reading as I see and feel fit :)
    New follower via GFC <3
    TGIF@Books and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never read these books, would you recommend these to me? Well I know you might recommend because you loved them... LOL
    New Follower...

    Here's my FF http://neverjudgeabookbyitscovers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unique covers...haven't read any of those. ;)

    I'm a new GFC follower!

    Check out my FF at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    Jenna Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love his books! Awesome choice.
    I'm a new follower!
    www.stuffedshelves.com

    ReplyDelete