Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: If you could “unread” a book, which one would it be? Is it because you want to start over and experience it again for the first time? Or because it was THAT bad?

I'd love to forget The Last Battle. I was reasonably fond of the Chronicles of Naria, right up through The Silver Chair. That WTF ending, though, so thick with Lewis' religious propaganda that you could cut it with a sword . . . it's the only time I've ever thrown a book in the trash.

On the positive side, I'd be curious to forget Pet Semetary and give it a fresh read, not from the perspective of a young boy graduating from YA fiction, but as a father with a child not much younger than Gage. I suspect it's impact would be far different now than it was then.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I regularly take part in. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.

Question of the Week: Have you ever contacted an author you admired? How did that experience go? If not, which author would you love to have a chat with?

I've had some interesting email conversations with authors I've certainly come to admire, but I can't say I've ever had the chance to connect with any of my old, long-time favourites. If I had the chance to sit down and chat, I'd be looking to invite the likes of authors who are just as interesting for their past or side careers as for their writing - Clive Barker, Douglas Preston, and Clive Cussler.

17 comments:

  1. New follower through GFC

    I quit Narnia pretty early. I think I was too old to fall in love with them when I started reading but I have read series that ended terribly or not how I liked. I get your disappointment after all that time put in. Sigh.

    My Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old follower now also following through Networked Blogs, I'm pretty sure I've only ever read the first Narnia book although I've seen the 3 movies that have been released, my FF

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/feature-and-follow-friday-31-im.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! new linky follower hopping on through.

    It's been so long since I read the Chronicles of Narnia. I believe I enjoyed it. It's one of those series where I remember vaguely what happened but really need to re-read.

    Here's my Follow Friday If you'd like to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'm a horrible lover of children's lit, because I haven't finished the Narnia series. I've only read two or three.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower via Linky. :) I read the first few Narnia books, but then lost interest.

    My FF: http://moonlightreader.com/feature-follow-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Follower,

    I haven't read the Narnia series since I was a young girl . I really need to read it again see if it effects me the same now.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I read the last Narnia. Just Hopping through :) New follower via GFC,
    you can find my FF Here
    Thanks,
    Chrystina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with those books, but I will avoid them!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the Narnia books as an adult, and the first few I enjoyed, but after that I really didn't like it.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping by, enjoy!your week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya, new follower through GFC :D
    I have not read the narnia books but I loved the movies :D
    www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read your books so I couldn't say, but thanks for sharing!

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through! New GFC follower which I seriously thought I already was!

    Here's mine:
    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow-friday-06222012.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read the Narnia series too long ago to remember the religious 'undertones'. But that is what the author does. New follower!

    My FF&F

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower through FF feature. I invite you to follow me at:

    http://openbookemptycup.blogspot.com

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  16. New GFC follower. Love the blog & FF. I would love to reread the Fever Series.
    Please stop by: http://kimbershook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, love the blog. Followed on GFC, Linky and NB (I like to cover everything) you can find me here: http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete