Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

TGIF - Feature & Follow Friday

* Quick note: Blogger seems to be flaky this morning, giving me a 'bX-tm5jc4' error every time I try to leave a comment but I am still following everybody back . . . I'll leave some comments whenever Blogger is fixed.*

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hop that is designed to provide some much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each of whom feature a chosen blog for the week, it's an interesting way to get to know one another.

Question of the Week: Do you read one book at a time or do you switch back and forth between two or more?

Definitely switch back and forth between two or more. I'll usually have something from each genre (horror, fantasy, sci-fi, etc.) queued up on my e-reader to satisfy whatever mood I happen to be in that day. I know some people have trouble keeping all those characters and stories straight in their head at the same time, but I don't see it as any more of a challenge than being able to follow multiple TV shows in a week.

Parajunkee also hosts a Social Hop for Facebook and Twitter, which I've taken part in the past two weeks. So, if you're one of those people who aren't on Blogger, or who just don't like Google Friend Connect, it's a great way to keep in touch and follow one another.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

TGIF is another blog hop designed to provide much-appreciated exposure to the bloggers participating, and to expand their following. Hosted by GReads, it's an interesting way to recap the week, pose a question, and find some exposure with a different audience.


Question of the Week: 
Book Blogger Retreat - If you could gather up a handful of book blogger friends to spend a weekend away talking books, where would you go? Tell us about it.

We'd go somewhere old and abandoned . . . maybe to the moss-covered ruins of a gothic castle or the vine-clad ruins of an 19th mansion . . . somewhere with an immense library still standing at the heart of the tumbled stones and rotted beams of oak. We'd have comfortable furniture, a generator, and some lighting installed ahead of our visit, of course, and hopefully an eccentric old local to regale us with tales of the library's haunted past.

24 comments:

  1. Sadly I can't do it. I have to stick with one book, otherwise I'd mix the stories up- no matter if they were two completely different genres!

    Mr FF
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as the comment above (Kristan) i can only read one book at a time!

    Trish - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? More than 2? How does that work? Questions and more questions haha. Then again,...check out my multi-tasking ways:FollowFriday
    Following you. _yay_

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I'd be a bit lost if I tried to read 2+ :)

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-follow-friday-30th-march.html

    Have a great weekend, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! I just started to read more than one at a time. I have too many on my list :D Happy Friday I am a new follower!

    Khelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed! I mostly only read one book at a time. :)

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old follower now also following through RSS Feed, I only read one at a time, my FF
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there :) just hopping through...

    same as you I'm a switcher as well :) Here is my choice...

    Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! New follower :-)

    I am also a switcher although I don't have one from each genre! Here's my FF: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/follow-friday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, just hopping through!

    I can totally agree with mood reading, though in practice I'm terrible at it - I tend to just plow through the book I'm reading, then choose something that matches my mood at that point! I just can't deal with the brain jumble that occurs otherwise!

    Tara @ Hey, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a lot like you - I'll have multiple books of different genres that I read at the same time to fit my mood.

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always read one at a time so that I can give my full attention to it!

    OLD Follower!

    Debdatta@b00kr3vi3ws

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am the opposite! I prefer one book at a time, just easier on my brain! Plus I tend to love what I want to read so I rarely put something down because I'm bored with it!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower here! 1-2 books so far. =)

    http://iwrightleia.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-my-1st-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have a problem keeping characters and storylines separate either. I don't switch between books though, usually because it only takes me a couple of days to finish one.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have a problem keeping characters and storylines separate either. I don't switch between books though, usually because it only takes me a couple of days to finish one.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do one on the nightstand, one in the car for the commute to and from work and one on my phone for the times I get stuck somewhere without a book. The back up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I try to read one book at a time. If I'm not enjoying it, I sometimes start another one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read multiples as well. I like it better that way!

    Also, I love your vision of a blogger weekend away. Sounds fabulous!

    New follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  21. DEfinitely a mood reader myself. And I don't understand those who have difficulties reading more than one at a time. I think the most I had going at one time was 5 different books.... To each their own. And the library sounds awesome! If only they had some of those around!

    Here is my Answer. I hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I definitely read more than one too! It's so hard to just read one. Here's to being ADD together! *cheers*

    my FF: http://www.quixoticallyuncharted.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I usually read only a book at a time. If I get a second one it's because I'm losing interest on the first one and need a break to decide if I'm gonna keep reading it or not...

    Maeva
    Murphy's Library

    ReplyDelete