Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



Three new titles this week - a finished hardcover of Killing is My Business by Adam Christopher; a movie tie-in edition of The Gunslinger by Stephen King (watch for my Dark Tower giveaway coming up this week!); and an electronic ARC of  Zippered Flesh 3 edited by Weldon Burge (with stories by Graham Masterton, William F. Nolan, Jack Ketchum, and more).


   


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

A fresh start this week, with Weldon Burge's Zippered Flesh 3 an immediate must-read, and Terry Brooks attempting to rekindle my fantasy nostalgia with The Black Elfstone.

   

What's topping your shelves this week?

15 comments:

  1. I love that tie-in cover! Wasn't a big fan of the book, but I definitely want to check out the movie. I'm curious to see how they do it, King's novels aren't always the easiest to adapt.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your new books this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dark Tower series is one of the Stephen king things I haven't read. I might look out for the film and then decide on the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of books you got and he cover to Zippered Flesh looks really creepy!

    Here’s my STS!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear what you think of the new Shannara. I'm interested in seeing how it all ends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your books look like fun to read. I haven't read The Dark Tower but I enjoy Stephen King. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the Ray Electromatic books -- I grabbed that one on Netgalley as soon as I saw it! Hope you enjoy.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking for to the new season of Shannara although my husband didn't like the last one too well. Greasy haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I love the movie tie in cover for The Dark Tower! Great haul. - Katie

    Here's my STS --> http://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.de/2017/07/stacking-shelves-29-july-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to start reading the Dark Tower series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, the Gunslinger cover looks great! :)

    I gave your blog a follow!

    Would you mind checking out my book reviews blog at El's Book Reviews and possibly give it a follow? Super excited to read your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zippered Flesh looks so creepy. I really want to unsee that cover. Come see my week here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never did read The Dark Tower, but the movie trailer has sparked my interest. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice arrivals. I like The Killing Business cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete