Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, May 20, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



A quiet week this time around, with a pair of review titles sneaking their way onto my e-reader.

Scourge: A Darkhurst Novel by Gail Z. Martin
[July 11th, 2017]
Epic new fantasy from the bestselling author of The Summoner. In a city beset by monsters, three brothers must find out who is controlling the abominations.


Strange Weather by Joe Hill
[October 24th, 2017]
A collection of four novellas tells stories involving shards of sharp crystals that inexplicably begin to fall from the sky, a parachuter suddenly marooned on a solid cloud, a mentally unhinged security guard, and a camera that erases memories.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar is my digital read of the moment, but I'll be back into The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams as soon as I'm done. 


On the physical front, I've just cracked the spine on The Dragon's LegacyI was already excited about this, but having been friend with Deborah A. Wolf on Facebook for a few weeks . . . well, let's just say I really like her style!


What's topping your shelves this week?

14 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about you reading Dragon's Legacy! It's the second most important book I want you to read now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I finished the first most important one last night . . . review coming next week. :)

      Delete
  2. Great dragon cover! I've been reading the first Game of Thrones book this week and loving it! Haven't quite got to the dragons in it yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been since I read a GoT book, but I remember it takes a good long while to get to the dragons.

      Delete
  3. Oh awesome, new Gail Z. Martin! Also hope you enjoy the Joe Hill - that caught my eye but I decided to hold back when I learned it was a collection.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, those sneaky review copies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you think of Strange Weather? Joe Hill is hit or miss for me, but this one sounds good — a little bit like his father's Four Past Midnight.

    My husband is home. My daughter had two pieces in her school's art show. And we got new cement poured at the bottom of our stoop. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of Gwendy's Button Box is catching my eye, but I can't read Stephen King.

    ENJOY all of your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a new Joe Hill! That's super exciting - will have to keep an eye out for that one in a few months. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten review books - five print and five digital - found their way onto my stack last week. At least they aren't releasing until September and October. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dragon cover. Strange Weather sounds interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of the Joe Hill book, but I did pick up the new Stephen King. I cannot wait to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really getting into novellas lately and that collection by Joe Hill sounds excellent - off to investigate that one!

    ReplyDelete