Quantcast

Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

#IWSG: A to Z Challenge

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is a once-monthly blog hop aimed at sharing our doubts and concerns, while encouraging one another with assistance and guidance. As the lighthouse image suggests, it’s a beacon in the dark and a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

This month's IWSG Question: Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?

Not so much for marketing, but I did participate in the A to Z Challenge for 3 years running as a network opportunity for the blog. It was a fun event, but one that required a lot of planning, and a lot of dedication to make it work for the whole month. These past 2 years I just haven't had the time.
With a house sold and a house bought, I finally have some time for myself again. I haven't been writing as often as I should be, but I am back at it, working on something completely different - a wild, crazy, pulp adventure tale that has me excited to be writing again. Brainstorming has been pretty much nonstop, with pages and pages of notes on characters, backstory, plot, settings, etc, Actually writing it is, of course, the hard part, but I have a few pages in the can already,


5 comments:

  1. The A to Z Challenge does take a ton of work and time. Glad to hear you're back to writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you're writing and feeling excited about it! The Challenge definitely takes up a lot of time--I'm kind of relieved to be skipping it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wild, crazy pulp adventure sounds right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new story Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A to Z is perfect for networking.

    Have fun writing your new story!

    ReplyDelete