Quantcast

Saturday, April 8, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



Okay, despite my better judgement, I (temporarily) lifted the freeze on new review titles, accepting two electronic copies for review, with an additional surprise arrival in the mailbox.

Swarm and Steel by Michael R. Fletcher
[August 22nd 2017 by Talos]
To escape the hell she created, a woman must team up with a novice warrior and return to her homeland in this gritty epic fantasy where delusions are literally made real. 


Broken Wizards by Jeffrey Bardwell
[April 6th 2017 by Twigboat Press]
Join the fantasy steampunk brawl of metal vs. magic where sorcery is bloody, science is greasy, and nobody's hands are clean.


Ten Dead Comedians: A Murder Mystery by Fred Van Lente
[July 11th 2017 by Quirk Books]
A marvel of literary ventriloquism, with hilarious comic monologues in the voice of every suspect, and an ingeniously plotted puzzler with a twist you’ll never see coming


And, just because I was on a roll, I also allowed my alter ego to add a new title to the WTF Friday stacks.

Touch No One by Joseph Hirsch
Body Modification, a fetish subculture, weaponized breast milk, and half-monster/half-machine bloodsucking parasites


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

While I wait on a pair of paperback ARCs that I know are on the way, I'm juggling a pair of e-book of reads with City of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett (May 2nd release) and The Fathom Flies Again by James
Walley (a long overdue read).


On the WTF Friday front, my alter-ego has a few reads on the go as well, so watch for reviews of the Of Passion and Steam Anthology and The End Is All We See by M.F. Wahl & A.J. Brown.


What's topping your shelves this week?

14 comments:

  1. Swarm and Steel would be my pick from this lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All of these books look interesting, especially Swarm and Steel! I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of Touch No One creeps me out, somehow. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will have a blast with Ten Dead Comedians. LOL, I will have to check out your WTF Friday, sounds like a fun meme. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen lots of people pick up Swarm and Steel and City Of Miracles. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of starting City of Miracles next myself. Not sure how much longer I can hold it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting assortment of books. I haven't heard of any of them before. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding Ten Dead Comedians to my wishlist. I'm posting while on my road trip, thanks to my trusty smart phone. It's Monday! What are your reading?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a good week and enjoy your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some books are too hard to resist! I love the tag on Broken Wizards. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey gyss check out this...
    Welcome to Vikas’s Beauty Point.We offer you Best Bridal Makeup in lucknow, professional bridal makeup , Ramp Makeup, 3d makeup by Vikas Srivastava-Professional Makeup Artist in Lucknow.
    We proudly excel in beautifying for the hair, skin, body…

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very interested to read your review of Touch No One :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read your thoughts on SWARM AND STEEL.

    ReplyDelete