Quantcast

Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.



With everything going on at home and in the office, I've temporarily closed the Ruins to unsolicited review titles, but I did have one request fulfilled this week:

The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox
[April 25th 2017 by Tor Books]
the magic of Mother Goose is again loose in the world, and the Librarians must track down the missing spellbook before the true power of the rhymes can be unleashed


I also landed a physical ARC of Mark Lawrence's upcoming series kick-off, which probably means I should get reading!

Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
[April 4th 2017 by Ace]
The international bestselling author of the Broken Empire and the Red Queen’s War trilogies begins a stunning epic fantasy series about a secretive order of holy warriors...


Crashed America by Dylan Orchard
After crashing in Alabama Joe finds himself caught up in the prelude to the End of Days, with the Devil on one side, a Hillbilly clan on the other and the whole spectrum of crazy in between


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

This week's e-book read is With Blood Upon the Sand by Bradley P. Beaulieu (second in the Song of Shattered Sands series), while my paperback pleasure is Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames (first in a new series from a fellow Canuck).


What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. The Librarians is one of many TV series I have still to watch. I don't think I'll ever get caught up with all the stuff I record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I should watch The Librarians! Just the title makes it sound like my thing. Enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool haul! I haven't watched The Librarians but it sounds like it must be a great book then!
    Here's the link to my first Stacking the Shelves
    New GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Librarians! I'm just behind on the show because the channel it was on where I live stopped sending so that really sucks. I should work on catching up, though.

    My STS Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get reading Red Sister either. I hear it's quite different from his Broken Empire world...

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of The Librarians, but the book looks like great fun!

    Here's what I'm reading this week: http://bit.ly/2kFlHrJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red Sister sounds good. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have several here that look good/fun: The Librarians, Red Sister and Crashed America.
    Sometimes office and home life push into our reading time don't they? Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete