Quantcast

Saturday, December 31, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, we had quite a bit of fun with WTH Holidays over the past two weeks . . .



Coming up this week, reviews of The Heart of What Was Lost by Tad Williams, Recluce Tales: Stories from the World of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt Jr., and Little Heaven by Nick Cutter.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

I added a few spring/summer ARCs to the review shelves over the holidays, including:

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan [April 11, 2017]

City of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett [May 2, 2017]

Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton [May 23, 2017]

Sip by Brian Allen Carr [Aug 29, 2017]



We certainly weren't shy about adding to the WTF Friday shelves either, with the most notable new additions being:

The Room & Origins by Brian C. Copper

Dagger - The Light at the End of the World by Walt Popester

The Need by Andrew Neiderman


The Elfmaid Trilogy by Warren Thomas


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Having caught up some on the review pile over the holiday, I have a pair of ARCs to review just in time for their release:

The Dead Seekers by Barb Hendee & J.C. Hendee

The Last Sacrifice by James A. Moore


What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. I've seen Barb Hendee's books around the bookyverse for a long time but I've never read any of them which is a bit strange! Might have to do something about that. I find Michael Crichton's books a bit hit and miss but I LOVED Jurassic Park. Have a good New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really curious about Dragon Teeth, and I'm so excited to read City of Miracles. I have a copy of Little Heaven and I'm looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been curious about Michael Crichton's books! I haven't read one, but he is on my list. The Dead Seekers is definitely something I might enjoy. I'll watch for your review. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Bob!

    Happy New Year. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the heads up about the Dragon Teeth DRC, Bob! I have to admit I'm curious about it too, even though his last couple of posthumous book have not been as great.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. City of Miracles! *whimper* I was denied for a copy to review, waahh. I hope it's as good as we're all thinking it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you got Dragon Teeth too! Can't wait to hear what you think. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dragon Teeth looks good as does The Dead Seekers. Lots of interesting titles to tempt me. I try not to pick up review titles beyond three months but I miss some because of that. I'll have to keep an eye for your review thoughts. Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dead Seekers and The Last Sacrifice look amazing. I hope you enjoy your books, and happy New Year!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete