Quantcast

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I've Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that participating bloggers are to answer. It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

This week's topic: Ten Books I've Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately

  1. Children Of Amarid by David B. Coe - another revisiting, this time it's an Author’s Edit of an epic fantasy I thoroughly enjoyed
  2. Strange Appetites - An Anthology of Truly Bizarre Erotic Stories edited by Lon Sarver - this one came to me via the gang at Fantastic Fiction Publishing
  3. Death Troopers by Joe Schreiber - I haven't read many of the expanded universe novels outside Timothy Zahn's books, but zombie Stormtroopers have me intrigued
  4. The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase by Greg Cox - the first book by Cox was so much fun, I can't wait for this one
  5. The Lost City of the Monkey God: A True Story by Douglas Preston - as much as I love his Agent Pendergast novels, Preston tells some really cool true stories
  6. Fascist Lizards from Outer Space by Dan Copp - I was a huge fan of the original 'V' miniseries, so I jumped when I saw a study of its politics, literary influences, and cultural influences
  7. Legend by David Gemmell - I've read a few of Gemmell's books that I really liked, but I've never gotten around to reading his Drenai saga
  8. Headhunter Reimagined by Michael Slade - Canadian Mounties, evil serial killers, and globetrotting horror . . . I'm anxious to see what Slade has done in revisiting his debut
  9. The Sleeping King by Cindy Dees & Bill Flippin - I've been in the mood for some more traditional epic fantasy, and this caught my eye
  10. The Ruling Mask by Neil McGarry & Daniel Ravipinto - I've actually had a copy of this for a while, but it's finally showed up on Goodreads

13 comments:

  1. Children of Amarid sounds interesting. I very often find I have no idea where to look for good high fantasy! Everything is so dark these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I've been on a more traditional high-fantasy kick myself lately. It's been years since I read the original edition of Children of Amarid, but it was a great series.

      Delete
  2. I'm really curious about The Librarians books, I love the TV show, so I may have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was fantastic. Well worth picking up.

      Delete
  3. I just got approved for The Lost City of the Monkey God too -- I blame you for putting it on my radar. I'll have to get round to reading it soon! Fingers crossed we both enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK, I'll gladly shoulder the blame. :)

      Delete
  4. Zombie stormtroopers? Now THAT should be a film right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make for a cool movie - from Rogue One to Dead One.

      Delete
  5. Strange Appetites is calling my name. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover for The Librarians looks very intriguing - I hope it lives up to the promise of the first. Look forward to your review for that one.
    I've read no Gemmell - which I confess I feel badly about -and I have bought three of his books fairly recently - I just need to sort my shelves out now (i.e. find them) and then maybe I could make a start.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about Tje Sleeping King too! And I still need to read the first librarians book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I've read Death Troopers, and it was awesome. It was outside the canon even before they made everything legends, but it was a real fun romp. I've been meaning to read his other zombie Star Wars book Red Harvest for like forever.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that old show V back in the day. Watched it right after "Manimal," LOL.

    ReplyDelete