Quantcast

Saturday, November 12, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: Spidermilk by Konrad Hartmann

Book Traveling Thursdays - Recommendations we've loved

Genre Humor: The Dark Lord & Wrath of Betty

Waiting on Wednesday: The Heart of What Was Lost by Tad Williams

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I've Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately

Unmasking the Aolanians guest post by Cindy Koepp


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

So many books, so little time! I'm desperately trying to keep the review shelves from toppling. Fortunately, there were 2 new arrivals this week that will never make it to the shelves . . . because I'm going to be reading them right away.

Arcanum Unbounded: The Cosmere Collection by Brandon Sanderson

The Heart of What Was Lost by Tad Williams


There were also, however, a pair of reads that will have to hit the shelves, at least temporarily, as I can only read so much at once.

Dark Shadows: Heiress of Collinwood by Lara Parker

The Veil (Testaments I and II) by Joseph D'Lacey


And, of course, Foster seduced a few new review titles into the WTF Friday dungeon:

Steel and Promise by Alexa Black

Strange Appetites edited by Lon Sarver

All in Fear edited by May Peterson


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

The latest Jack Ryan adventure has taken a bit of a back seat for the moment, as The Sleeping King by Cindy Dees & Bill Flippin has become my paperback of choice, while Red Sister by Mark Lawrence is my current e-read,


What's topping your shelves this week?

12 comments:

  1. you know I do like me Elven kings so The Sleeping King would be my choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, it's quite good, Dez. Exactly what I was looking for.

      Delete
  2. Someday, I dream that I will be able to buy a book and just read it straight away instead of losing it into the feeding frenzy of my book pile! Hope you enjoy those new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's not often I jump right into the newest addition, but some authors just demand it. :)

      Delete
  3. I want Sanderson's new book - it has some short stories from the Mistborn world in it and I'm a huge Mistborn fan.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the first Mistborn tale in the collection - a prequel story starring Kelsier. Yes! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't keep putting off reading a Sanderson book. I have to remedy that soon. Gotta get that Dark Shadows book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing the Tad Williams book! It appeals to me, mostly because of the sword on the cover. :D I got Dark Shadows: Heiress of Collinwood as well. It was unsolicited so I may or may not read it. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Bob. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for scoring Arcanum Unbounded! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sleeping King was nice. I have the Sanderson book but I hope I won't be too lost. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, the new Tad Williams! I need to reread the original Osten Ard books. You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the reviews on all of these!

    ReplyDelete