Quantcast

Saturday, November 5, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


Adventure Review: The Librarians and The Lost Lamp by Greg Cox

The Lakota people and Yellow Hair guest post by Andrew Joyce

Review: Clowns, Witches, Dinosaurs, and Monstrous Insects

Boredom and Creativity guest post by Rowena Cory Daniells

Horror Review: Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

As the year winds down and I try to keep the review queue in check, we have a pair of non-fiction titles that have me really intrigued/excited.

The Lost City of the Monkey God: A True by Douglas Preston

Fascist Lizards from Outer Space by Dan Copp


And, of course, Foster tossed a few new titles into the WTF Friday dungeon:

Deadman's Tome Horrgasm edited by Jesse Dedman

Legion's Lust by Samantha Blackstrap

Tainted Demons by Eden Redd


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

While the latest Jack Ryan adventure is still commanding my attention, I'm back on the review wagon with a pair of very funny titles (The Dark Lord by Jack HeckelWillful Child: Wrath of Betty & by Steven Erikson), along with Red Sister by Mark Lawrence.


What's topping your shelves this week?

13 comments:

  1. Fascist Lizards from Outer Space? I did know you're reading books about Killary and Trump, Bobson :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - wondered how long it would take for somebody to make that joke!

      Delete
    2. you can always count on me with that!

      Delete
  2. Wow, The Lost City of the Monkey God sounds kinda awesome... pretty sensational, but I totally need to read up on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preston writes some pretty cool non-fiction, in between his Agent Pendergast novels. He's an interesting guy.

      Delete
  3. I loved the original series of V with the dodgy haircuts and special effects! I'm a big fan of Michael Ironside which helped. I never really took to the remake. Have a couple of V novels somewhere I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The remake completely missed the point - I gave up after a few episodes. I loved the original, though, and still have all the novels and the entire comic run boxed somewhere in the basement.

      Delete
  4. Wrath of Betty was a lot of fun, I thought the first book was over the top enough but Erikson managed to outdo even himself!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many jokes and puns in each sentence that it's almost exhausting to read.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Same here. I have all the tie-in novels boxed up somewhere.

      Delete
  6. Nice variety of books. I'll be looking forward to your reviews. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Foster because I don't already have enough books ;)

    ReplyDelete