Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Book Traveling Thursdays - Recommendations we've loved

Book Traveling Thursdays is a weekly meme for any book blogger, hosted over at Goodreads. All you have to do is choose a book that fits the theme, include is an explanation of why it fits the theme, and (this is the part I love) share favorite and least favorite covers from around the world.

This week's topic: Choose a book someone recommended to you that you loved.

I'm going to go way back to my high school days with Swords and Deviltry, the first Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser collection by Fritz Leiber. These stories are pulp sword-and-sorcery fun, a bit darker than I was led to expect, and a whole lot more fun. I discovered them alongside Moorcock's Elric and Howard's Conan, and they were the perfect blend of those two worlds.

As for favorite covers, I have to go with the one that I originally encountered (and still have on my shelf):


As for least-favorite covers, the current e-book cover is bland and boring as hell, and completely unworthy of such legendary heroes.


Finally, in keeping with the travelling theme, here are some covers from around the world:




2 comments:

  1. That ebook cover wouldn't make you want to grab it at all. Some of the foreign covers have decent covers which look much more interesting, especially the one with the castle walls.

    ReplyDelete