Quantcast

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Book Traveling Thursdays - Authors around the world

Book Traveling Thursdays is a weekly meme for any book blogger, hosted over at Goodreads. All you have to do is choose a book that fits the theme, include is an explanation of why it fits the theme, and (this is the part I love) share favorite and least favorite covers from around the world.

This week's topic: Share the love around the world! Choose a book written by an author from a country you don't read that often.

While I am sure I must have read other books in translation without knowing it, The Scar by
Marina and Sergey Dyachenko (Ukraine) and Chasers of the Wind by Alexey Pehov (Russian Federation) are the first novels I can think of where I went into them knowing I was reading a translation . . . and came out of them having thoroughly enjoyed the read. To the best of my knowledge, they're the only authors I've read from the old Soviet Republic, although I do have several titles by Sergei Lukyanenko sitting in my TBR pile.

As for favorite covers, I have to go with a European one for the Dyachenko's and and a North American cover for Pehov.

 

As for least-favorite covers, I have to go with Marina and Sergey Dyachenko's Penguin Classics look, and Alexey Pehov's bad Harlequin Romance.


Finally, in keeping with the travelling theme, here are some covers from around the world:



2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever read anything by authors from Russia or Ukraine. I would love to, so it's nice seeing these books! Great cover picks. Your least favorites are so bad, I totally get why you don't like them haha.

    My BTT for the week is here if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I kind of like that so bad it's good Harlequin Romance. A neon green skull staff? I'd love one!

    ReplyDelete