Saturday, October 22, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: Body Rides by Richard Laymon

Horror Review: Deadraiser Part 1 by Stephanie & Wayne J. Keeley

Waiting On Wednesday: Exercise Bike by Carlton Mellick III

Horror Review: Cthulhu Armageddon by C.T. Phipps

Kenneth Brown talks Lovecraftian Horror in Coolant


Coming up this week, we'll be hosting visits from Rob Hayes, Gail Z. Martin, and Konrad Hartmann, so be sure to stop by . . . and stop by often!

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

While I've pretty much cut myself off for new 2016 titles (with one exception below), I couldn't resist a pair of review titles hitting shelves in the new year:

In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle

The Dead Seekers by Barb & J.C. Hendee

Wise Phuul by Daniel Stride



I did shell out the big bucks this week for The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost, which is nearly double price in Canada, but still looks to be worth every penny, and picked up an early copy of Commander in Chief, the latest Jack Ryan novel.


And, of course, Foster captured a few new titles for the WTF Friday shelves:

  

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

With the Halloween season in full swing, I'm continuing my tour of the darkest corners of my review shelves . . .



What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. I'm seeing The Dead Seekers on quite a few blogs but I'm not sure about it as I didn't take to her vampire series when I tried it years ago. I'm on a zombies and monsters kick right now and enjoying a few gory reads! Enjoy your horror books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep seeing Dead Seekers on a lot of blogs. Not sure if it's for me as I didn't like their other series too much. Have fun enjoying your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check out The Dead Seekers. It looks like a lot of fun. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dead Seekers also recently made it onto my radar. Can't resist that blurb!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Summerlong, and now Beagle's got another coming? I'm never going to catch up, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE DEAD SEEKERS have the best cover in this offer indeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice different books there. Have a nice week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all of these are completely new to me! I'm curious about In Calabria - it sounds awesome. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Calabria caught my eye because it's set in Italy. The synopsis sounds very good too. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete