Quantcast

Saturday, September 17, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


The Gyroscopic Character guest post by Maya Lilly

The Mother Of Monsters guest post by S C Flynn

Waiting on Wednesday: The Heart of What Was Lost by Tad Williams

Top 10 Reads guest post by Crymsyn Hart


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A busy week for review titles, starting with a very nice package from Hachette Canada that included Tourist, Forsaken Skies, and The Obsidian Chamber.


A few digital review titles this week as well, including Programmed to PleaseHour of the Witch, and The Smoke Hunter.

   


And what would a week be without some new WTF Friday titles:



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.




What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh those look like exciting read! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don´t know any of them, but they look very interesting. Hope you enjoy.
    Have a great weekend.

    my STS

    best wishes
    Vi @ Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like some fun titles. I think I would be interested in reading The Obsidian Chamber. I will look it up on GR, right now. Okay, I have looked it up in GR and it seems that it is #16 in a series (sigh). It may take me a while to catch up with all the books. But they do look wonderful. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun haul! I should really get round to reading the Preston and Child books -- I think I enjoyed the first Pendergast book, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The audiobook for Forsaken Skies is up next for me! I've heard so much buzz about it, and I'm hoping it won't disappoint. The blurb for The Tourist also looks WILD. I'll probably listen to that one in audio as well, since I found out one of my favorite narrators will be reading.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd like the taste of honey. We're finishing last translations for our biggest book fair in October here, so I'm slowly ending my long summer's work with the ninth book done this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking assortment of books. I'll be eager to hear what you think about them. Come see my past week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete