Quantcast

Saturday, August 27, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


Fantasy Review: Twilight of the Dragons by Andy Remic

Waiting on Wednesday: Recluce Tales by L. E. Modesitt

Fantasy Review: Queen's Man: Into the Inferno by AnnaMarieAlt


I also had the pleasure of contributing to the Julie Czerneda Appreciation Party! over at the Little Red Reviewer, so be sure to check it out.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A trio of review titles this week, the first two offered up by the author, and the other landing on my doorstep as a very pleasant surprise from Simon and Schuster Canada.

The Wall of Storms (The Dandelion Dynasty, #2) by Ken Liu
Straight Outta Fangton: A Comedic Vampire Story by C.T. Phipps
Cthulhu Armageddon by C.T. Phipps



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.



What's topping your shelves this week?

10 comments:

  1. Interesting mixture of books on your haul this week! I don't do well with humour-I always seem to pick books that I don't find funny which can be a problem...Hope you have fun with your new books and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh those all look like intriguing reads! I hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Gates of Future Past on my TBR pile. Hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Wall of Storms! Can't wait to dive in.

    And Chills looks good - I don't think I'm familiar with that one.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOme intriguing and new ones to me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear I could not sleep with that first cover on me nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stiiiill so behind, still need to read Ken Liu... *hides* Enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a great week! i hope this week is just as good.

    ReplyDelete