Saturday, August 13, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . . and it was a suitably busy one!


WTF Friday: The Bride Wore Brains by Emily Wesley Stringer

Adventure Review: The Copper Egg by Catherine Friend

Waiting on Wednesday: The Midas Legacy by Andy McDermott

Fantasy Review: Of Sand and Malice Made by Bradley P. Beaulieu

Surrender to Horrific Excess Guest Post by L. Andrew Cooper


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

Just the one new review title this week, but Andy Remic's second Blood Dragon Empire book is one I have really been looking forward to.



Aside from that, I did grab a pair of mythological oddities with an eye towards a future WTF Friday.



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.



What's topping your shelves this week?

12 comments:

  1. I've forgotten what books look like! I'm too busy with TV to read at the moment but I hope to get back on track soon. Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to catch up and read some Andy Remic. I love the covers of this series, too. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh nice set of new reads! Totally new to me ones too! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS post will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed earlier this week that the Blood Dragon Empire series is getting released in audio format, which makes me happy since I'm so much more likely to catch up with books I missed if I can listen to them. I'll have to grab the first book one of these days.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as much fun as his two Iron Wolves books, but still fantastic.

      Delete
  5. My dragon radar brought me here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I picked up the Andy Remic book too but still need to read the first one, shame on me! Look forward to hearing what you think of the new one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More dragon carnage in the first chapter than in most books! 😃

      Delete
  7. You always manage to find the most interesting titles, Bob! I'm laughing right now at the cover of Aphrodite's Curse:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to read one or more fantasies before summer's end. I like your books.

    ReplyDelete