Quantcast

Saturday, August 6, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: Metamorphosis by Sky Sterling

Sci-fi Review: Time Lock by Christopher L. Bennett

Waiting on Wednesday: Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton

Urban Fantasy Review: The Rules of Supervillainy by C.T. Phipps


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

A trio of review titles arrived in the mail this week. First up is Queen's Man: Into the Inferno by AnnaMarie Alt, which I'm really excited to dive into.


Also arriving this week was a paperback ARC of Little Heaven: A Novel by Nick Cutter, and a finished hardcover of Four Roads Cross by Max Gladstone.


It was a great week for Kindle freebies as well, with a nice selection of horror and dark fantasy titles.

  

  

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Elizabeth Haydon continues to monopolize much of my reading time, but I'm also enjoying some upcoming titles from Bradley P. Beaulieu and Mary SanGiovanni, while I catch up with Catherine Friend from the review pile.




What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. I do like a week with lots of freebies...it's getting round to reading them that's the problem for me! Hopefully I'll get some reading done between Olympic events! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection. I do clutter up my reader with free books, many of which I never get around to reading. Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, looks like a good bunch. I really need to catch up with Max Gladstone's books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really look forward to hearing how Little Heaven is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them look so good. Most are brand new to me. Going to have to put most of these on my list. I hope you enjoy your books. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited about Little Heaven, I've got that to review too even though I doubt I'll be getting to it for another few months, with the release date being so far away in Jan 2017.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freebies are great! Although I often download and never read. Oops.

    Hope you have a lovely week. Here's my #IMWAYR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Gracious! What a diverse selection of books. And I thought I had a diverse reading preference. Great list - will need to look into a few. Hope your upcoming week will be great.Here's my latest post: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-1.html

    ReplyDelete