Saturday, July 30, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


WTF Friday: It's A Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World by Curtis M. Lawson

Dark Fantasy Review: The Taming by A.M. Rycroft

Waiting on Wednesday: The Obsidian Chamber by Preston and Child

Fantasy Review: Spiderlight by Adrian Tchaikovsky


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

After 2 pretty solid months of sticking with my resolution to keep the shelves clear of any new review titles, I slipped a bit this week.





I added a few Kindle bundles as well this week, with an eye towards future WTF Fridays.

 

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I'm having a lot of fun with The Rules of Supervillainy, and have just started digging into, An Accident of Stars, but otherwise Elizabeth Haydon has been monopolizing most of my reading time. I can see why I didn't continue with The Symphony of Ages back in the day, but a decade later I'm a different, more mature reader, and Prophecy is absolutely fantastic.





What's topping your shelves this week?

15 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the Bride wore Brains! Catchy title and cover. I do like an interesting cover and I've got a few good fantasy and UF covers this week. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lots of new to me ones! Looks like good reading! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with any of these books but I hope you enjoy reading them! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I hope you enjoy your books.
    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard any of these books but it seems like they're fun to read! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, The Bride Wore Brains sounds fun. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing good things about An Accident of Stars. I passed up a review copy due to too many books, but I'll look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, The Erotic Worlds of the Janus Key Chronicles...gotta love the way they use the "Indiana Jones" type font!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like fun titles! Have fun reading these books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reading Rules. Hopefully, it'll be a fun little bit of brain candy after all that epic fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valley of Embers if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rules of Supervillainry looks great! I hope you enjoy all of your reads this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all new to me. I hope you enjoy them all. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you love all of your new books. Staying on a book-buying ban is hard, isn’t it?

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete