Quantcast

Saturday, July 23, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .


Clive, Hellraiser and Me guest post by Paul Kane

Waiting On Wednesday: Skullsworn by Brian Staveley


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

Nothing new on the review front, but this week's used bookstore haul included:
  • Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon (the arrival of the final book in her series put her back on my radar)
  • Gates of Dawn by Robert Newcomb (which fills my craving for the kind of fantasy I grew up on)
  • Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (he's always a great read, and I somehow missed this one).


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Once again, my reading list is all over the place, balancing the review pile with some titles I want to read for myself. Having been on vacation for most of this week, I do have some books read and reviews coming up, but here's what I'm still enjoying.

 

What's topping your shelves this week?

7 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoying the opportunity to branch out and read stuff from your own personal TBR pile, I can't wait to hear what you think of A Crown for Cold Silver since opinion seems so mixed on it.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon Sanderson looks like a wonderful author, but I have never read his books. Can you recommend where I should start? Is there a particular series of his that you think would be a good introduction to his writing? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, interesting! I've actually not heard of any of these (which surprises me), but I'm curious about that fantasy one, Gates of Dawn. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also trying to balance review books with books from my own TBR mountain this summer. Almost all the new books I buy are for my Kindle though as my bookshelves are totally full right now. Come see what my week was like here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for bookstores that stock used books! It always makes me feel better about my book buying, because those poor books needed a new home.

    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete