Saturday, July 2, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . .



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

While I managed to hold off on requesting any new review titles this week, I did have a pair of snazzy new books arrive in the mail from Tor/Forge. Elizabeth Haydon's The Symphony of Ages is a series where I have some catching up to do, but having The Weaver's Lament (the final book) in hand might be the kick in the arse I need. As for The Mermaid's Secret, it's not a book that would have jumped out at me from the shelves, but I must admit Katie Schickel has me intrigued.


Other than that, just one new WTF Friday freebie that I snagged from Amazon.



αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

You can tell summer is upon us, because my reading list is all over the place. I'm trying to balance the review pile with some titles I want to read for myself, but really I'm just going with whatever I'm in the mood for at time and allowing myself the pleasure of enjoying the reads.

 



What's topping your shelves this week?

8 comments:

  1. Curious to hear your thoughts on Disappearance at Devil's Rock. And I know what you mean about summer reading. I'm having trouble focusing on review books. I have several "me" books I may try to get to:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not impressed so far - very slow, and very wordy

      Delete
  2. OOoh very nice! These are some intriguing looking reads! Will have to look into a few of them! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was interested in The Weaver's Lament as well, but being the ninth and final book in the series made me balk. One day I would like to try Haydon's books though.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devil's Rock looks pretty good. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing about The Fireman so much recently. I decided to read it and found out that there was a HUGE queue to read it at my library! Sigh..

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Joe Hill's writing, am curious what you will think of The Fireman :)

    Oh my god, it's Monday!

    ReplyDelete