“Ten fine bloggers and blog-sites spent a year considering almost three hundred self-published fantasy books to bring you their ten favorites. It’s hard to imagine you won’t find some gems among them.” — Mark LawrenceIf you're a regular visitor to the Ruins, then you know that I had the great pleasure of taking part in Mark Lawrence's Self-Published Fantasy Blog-off. As a group, we read 260 self-published fantasy novels, from which we each selected one finalist, with The Thief Who Pulled On Trouble's Braids by Mike McClung coming out on top as the collective champion.
Hopefully by now you've all bought a copy of at least one of the finalists, but if you're looking for a great deal on them all - and want to help out some charitable causes in the process - then Blair MacGregor has some exciting news . . .
This is a unique bundle, its books chosen not by me, but by reviewers who took part in the first Self-Published Fantasy Blog-Off organized by Mark Lawrence. Each reviewer received over twenty-five books and a mission: Choose one. This bundle contains the books those reviewers put at the very top of their list.
StoryBundle lets you choose your own price, so you decide how much you'd like to support the writers. For $5—or more, if you'd like—you'll receive the basic bundle of five novels in DRM-free ebook format. For the bonus price of at least $15, you'll receive all ten novels. If you choose, a portion of your payment will go toward supporting different charities such as Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now. Over the years, StoryBundle and its participating writers have donated thousands to support awesome charities doing great work.
The Self-Published Fantasy Blog-Off Bundle is available for only three weeks, so now is the time to pick up this unique collection of reviewer-beloved fantasy novels, and discover new independent writers who want to take you on thrilling adventures through worlds you've never seen with characters you want to know (even if a few of them are rather terrifying). – Blair MacGregor
- Shattered Sands by W. G. Saraband
- The Weight of a Crown by Tavish Kaeden
- Priest by Matthew Colville
- What Remains of Heroes by David Benem
- A Soul for Trouble by Crista McHugh
- Sins of a Sovereignty by Plague Jack
- The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braids by Michael McClung
- Under a Colder Sun by Greg James
- Bloodrush by Ben Galley
- City of Burning Shadows by Barbara J. Webb
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It's also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We've chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that's fine! You'll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there's nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity.
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you'll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, tweet us at @storybundle and like us on Facebook.
Thanks to the generosity of Blair and the gang at StoryBundle, I have not 1 but 2 copies of the bundle to giveaway . . .
a Rafflecopter giveaway