Quantcast

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: A Blade of Black Steel by Alex Marshall

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

A Blade of Black Steel by Alex Marshall
Expected publication: May 26th 2016 by Orbit 

The sequel to Alex Marshall's A Crown for Cold Silver, an outstanding, game-changing epic adventure featuring an unforgettable female warrior.

After five hundred years, the Sunken Kingdom has returned, and brought with it a monstrous secret that threatens to destroy every country on the Star.

As an inhuman army gathers on its shores, poised to invade the Immaculate Isles, the members of the Cobalt Company face an ugly choice: abandon their dreams of glory and vengeance to combat a menace from another realm, or pursue their ambitions and hope the Star is still there when the smoke clears.

Five villains. One legendary general. A battle for survival.


I picked up the first book of this series as a digital ARC, but just wasn't in the right mood to appreciate it. I could see enough potential that I went out and bought the hardcover, but I haven't found time for it yet. Of course, with the revelation that Alex Marshall is actually Jesse Bullington, I'm extra motivated to make time soon.

10 comments:

  1. I like the sound of that, especially with the five villains.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! Sounds exciting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about the unforgettable female warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the first one had worked better for me, and I don't know if I want to read the sequel, but I will look forward to your thoughts!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I still haven't read book-one. I do have a copy but read first chapter and then put it down. I will get around to this series eventually! Want to know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I still haven't read book-one. I do have a copy but read first chapter and then put it down. I will get around to this series eventually! Want to know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete