Saturday, February 13, 2016

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

In case you missed any of it, here's what happened in the Ruins this week . . . actually, considering how sick I've been, I managed a pretty decent schedule.


WTF Friday review of Raping the Gods by Brian Whitney

Fantasy Review of Dragon Hunters by Marc Turner

Waiting On Wednesday with Children of Earth and Sky by Guy Gavriel Kay

Cover Reveal of Hound's Bite by E.J. Stevens


Coming up later in the month, I'll once again be playing host to Kristi Charish as part of her Owl blog tour.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

For Review:

The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu
Expected publication: March 8th 2016 by Saga Press
Bestselling author Ken Liu selects his award-winning science fiction and fantasy tales for a groundbreaking collection—including a brand-new piece exclusive to this volume. With his debut novel, The Grace of Kings, taking the literary world by storm, Ken Liu now shares his finest short fiction in The Paper Menagerie. 


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

Interior Darkness: Selected Stories by Peter Straub
Peter Straub has spent forty years at the forefront of modern literary horror. The stories assembled here represent his astonishing range and his ability to terrify, transport, and hold a reader hostage. Each story cracks the foundation of our reality and opens our eyes, taking us further and further into the darkness that normally remains deeply, and safely, hidden. Interior Darkness is the gold standard of literary horror. 

Miasma by Greg Cox
Star Trek continues its fiftieth anniversary celebration in 2016 with an all-new enovella from New York Times bestselling author Greg Cox, set in the popular and blockbuster Original Series era!


What's topping your shelves this week?

11 comments:

  1. PAPER MENAGERIE would be my pick, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I requested Paper Menagerie and so far haven't been given access, but I love the cover. Kinda simple but perfect, I think. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of all the authors mentioned but I don't think I've read any of them. I used to read sci-fi many years ago but drifted more towards zombies, vampires and werewolves! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper Menagerie! I really enjoyed The Grace of Kings, very curious how I'll take to his short fiction now, especially since I don't consider myself to be a big reader of anthologies. But I love his writing, so we'll see.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun haul! I hope you enjoy your books.

    Diane @ Diane’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at the Ken Liu book, I loved Grace of Kings - but, I admit, I'm not really a big lover of short stories and novellas. I will look look forward to your review of this one.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Star Trek Book, Miasma, looks like a fun read. Great Haul and have a fun week reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Paper Menagerie sounds familiar. Is it published outside the collection?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy all the books you got :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting reading list! I might like Paper Menagerie or the Star Trek one. Here's what I'm reading this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/what-im-reading-february-15-2016.html

    ReplyDelete