Wednesday, January 6, 2016

#IWSG - The Waiting Game

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is a once-monthly blog hop aimed at sharing our doubts and concerns, while encouraging one another with assistance and guidance. As the lighthouse image suggests, it’s a beacon in the dark and a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

My insecurity this month is all about the waiting game. I met my deadlines, achieved my goals, and wrapped up my manuscript over the weekend. I was chasing a pair of open submission deadlines, and I have submitted to both.

That means the book is done. It's out there in the wild. Professionals will be reading it . . . and passing judgement.

Surprisingly, I'm OK with that, because I was really happy with the final draft. I'm not so foolish as to think it's perfect, and I actually look forward to the sharpened pen of an editor, but I'm confident it was worth of being submitted.

What I'm less OK with is the waiting game - anticipating a response is already killing me, and I know it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Bob! Good luck and keep busy while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting game sounds tough but at least you've already accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting game can be tortuous! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay YOU! I hate the waiting, but yeah, I don't mind the editors notes - with an acceptance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting is a killer. Whether it's health results, writing contests, or responses from editors/agents. The best thing to do is work on the next project. Congrats on accomplishing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting is the worst... And sometimes the results are good. fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete