Wednesday, October 7, 2015

#IWSG - Visibility and Accountability

The Insecure Writer's Support Group is a once-monthly blog hop aimed at sharing our doubts and concerns, while encouraging one another with assistance and guidance. As the lighthouse image suggests, it’s a beacon in the dark and a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Last week I wrote about giving up control and collaborating on a little side project with my wife. That was going well enough, but it got completely side-tracked by the announcement of the a new open door period at Angry Robot.

I need to make that window.

100+ days is more than do-able.

So, I've given my gorgeous wife permission to hound, chase, chastise, and threaten me into polishing my manuscript in time. She has threatened to divorce me if I don't get it done in time, which I'm pretty syre is a joke, but I'm not taking chances (LOL). Not only that, but I publicly posted my plans on Facebook and invited friends, family, and colleagues to question me on the manuscript's progress and hold me accountable.

No excuses. Let's do this.

6 comments:

  1. You can do it! Make the time to write and edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to give yourself the ultimatum. Every time I do that I end up a stress case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm sure with all that motivation (and harassing) you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Crystal said, giving yourself an ultimatum ensures you'll try harder to reach your goal. Good luck.

    Diane
    IWSG #94

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, that sounds like some serious pressure, Bobson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would probably be more effective if she just stares at you with a disappointed look and shakes her head sadly.

    IWSG October

    ReplyDelete