Quantcast

Saturday, October 24, 2015

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

A busy week in the Ruins with some fantastic guests . . . and a spooktacular week ahead!


Fantasy Review of Son of the Black Sword by Larry Correia

Interview with Michael Foy (author of Ghosts of Forgotten Empires)

Waiting on Wednesday with The Last Mortal Bond by Brian Staveley

The Empire Strikes Back guest post by Kameron Hurley

An Apprentice to Elves by Bear & Monette excerpt & giveaway

My Top Ten Books guest post by Chele Cooke


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.

Purchased:

Insylum by Z. Rider
A.J. and Nate decide to have one last hurrah before A.J. ships out Afghanistan — at Insylum, the extreme traveling funhouse from which they may never come back.

For Review:

Gideon Smith and the Mask of the Ripper by David Barnett
The latest in David Barnett's riproaring steampunk adventures about a Britain that never was (but should have been) . . . and a city suffering the reign of terror by a serial killer known only as Jack the Ripper.


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

On the physical front, I'm still enjoying The Lightning Stones by Jack Du Brul and I'm halfway through The King's Justice by Stephen R. Donaldson. On the digital front, This Gulf of Time and Stars by Julie E. Czerneda is next up for a read.


What's topping your shelves this week?

13 comments:

  1. If I wasn't Dezmond, I'd like to be called Gideon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to Insylum! I really like the sound of that and will further investigate! I've always been interested in Jack the Ripper so I might check that out as well even though steampunk is not my favourite genre. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insylum is free (or, at least it was last night) on Amazon, :)

      Delete
  3. Tried reading Barnett's Brass Dragon, but just wasn't into it. Might try again later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I got quite a kick out of it. Huge fan of the series.

      Delete
  4. OOoh nice set of reads! Insylum looks creepy! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that cover on Insylum, I have a thing for octopi at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tentacle horror always intrigues me. LOL

      Delete
  6. Waiting on pins and needs to hear what you think of The King's Justice!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first story was interesting - quite a change from Thomas Covenant, and it took a while to get moving, but I liked the payoff. Hoping the second is just as good.

      Delete
  7. Great recap. You are a prolific reader. I will be putting some of these on my GR. I am a new follower via GFC. Please check out my blog: ponderingtheprose.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a good week reading.

    ReplyDelete