Saturday, September 19, 2015

From the Shelf to the Page: This Week in the Ruins

A quiet week on the page with just a pair of reviews (don't worry - we've got 4 guests stopping by next week), but a busy one on the shelves . . .


Waiting on Wednesday with The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King

Sci-Fi Review of Husk by J. Kent Messum

Fantasy Review of The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher
.

αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

Stacking The Shelves and Mailbox Monday are a pair of weekly memes that are about sharing the books that came your way over the past week, and which you've added to your shelves - whether they be physical or virtual, borrowed or bought, or for pleasure or review.


Purchased:

Eyes of the Calculor by Sean McMullen

Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey


For Review:

The Zen of Zombie by Scott Kenemore

Kill by Numbers: In the Wake of the Templars by Loren Rhoads

The End of the Story: The Collected Fantasies, Vol. 1 by Clark Ashton Smith

Bat Out of Hell by Alan Gold

The Weight of Chains by Lesley Conner


αωαωαωαωαωαωαω

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is another weekly meme, this time focused on what books are spending the most time in your hands and in your head, as opposed to what's been added to your shelf.

I made some good progress with Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey this week, and the events of Chapter 40 guarantee I'll be spending a lot of time with it this weekend. I'm still planning to dive into Crimson Shore by Preston & Child, but I also need to get started on Empire Ascendant by Kameron Hurley as it's going to be my first scheduled review for The Speculative Herald (but more on that soon).


What's topping your shelves this week?

9 comments:

  1. EMPIRE ASCENDANT looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zen of Zombie is an interesting concept. I mean, zombies are just amazingly cool in a deadly rotting sort of way...they even do zombie adult colouring books now! That might be my next purchase...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! Those are new to me reads! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stack looks almost like mine;-) I'll be posting my book haul post soon. I just love the cover of Lesley's book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also received a veritable bounty from Skyhorse this last couple weeks, they are awesome. Really looking forward to checking out Zen of Zombie, it looked really cute and funny. Just in time for next month and Halloween too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Butcher's new book on reserve at the library. It is still being processed but should get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been meaning to try the Kushiel series as I do have book one. Scott Kenemore books are amusing and entertaining. You are sure to get a kick out of Zen of Zombie. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah, I really really want to reread the Kushiel books every time I see them on someone's blog! I think that cover for Kushiel's Chosen is my favourite of the lot, somehow. (Partly because it doesn't try to depict Phedre's face, I think -- it gives it that bit of mystery.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so behind in the Preston and Child series, I need to catch up. Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete