Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: King of the Bastards by Keene and Shrewsbury

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

King of the Bastards by Brian Keene and Steven Shrewsbury
Coming in July from Apex Book Company

Extreme horror meets extreme sword & sorcery!

Rogan has been many things in his life as an adventurer — a barbarian, a thief, a buccaneer, a rogue, a lover, a reaver, and most recently, a king. Now, this prehistoric bane of wizards and tyrants finds himself without a kingdom, lost in a terrifying new world, and fighting for his life against pirates, zombies, mutants, and the demonic entity known as Meeble. And even if he defeats his foes, Rogan must still find a way to return home, regain his throne, save his loved ones, and remind everyone why he’s the KING OF THE BASTARDS.


Although this was originally released late last year, it was an extremely limited edition hardcover from Thunderstorm Books that completely slipped beneath my radar. I love the idea of meshing extreme horror and sword & sorcery, and Keene and Shrewsbury are a great team to make it happen.

10 comments:

  1. I truly would not want to meet that guy from the cover in a battle.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! That's totally new to me but sounds incredible awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this, but I do love Apex so I'll have to add it to the list. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds totally badass! Pirates, zombies, mutants AND demons? Hell yeah! Awesome pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew following your blog would pay off! This looks awesome. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has white walker eyes! This sounds like it could be seriously cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this until now, but it sounds awesome! Amazing cover, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mix of horror and sword & sorcery reminds me a little of some of the Warhammer fantasy books... so it looks good!

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of extreme horror and extreme S&S too! And wow, look at that cover! I'm going to be keeping my eye on this!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete