Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
Expected publication: August 4th 2015 by Orbit

THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD ENDS. FOR THE LAST TIME.

A season of endings has begun. It starts with the great red rift across the heart of the world's sole continent, from which enough ash spews to darken the sky for years. Or centuries.

It starts with death, with a murdered son and a missing daughter.

It starts with betrayal, and long dormant wounds rising up to fester.

And it ends with you. You are the Stillness, a land long familiar with catastrophe, where orogenes wield the power of the earth as a weapon and are feared far more than the long cold night. And you will have no mercy.

A new fantasy trilogy by Hugo, Nebula & World Fantasy Award nominated author N.K. Jemisin.


I already had this one on my radar, but after reading all this sad puppy bullshit regarding the Hugos, N. K. Jemisin had leaped to the top of my summer must-read pile. It sounds like a great story, I've been remiss in not reading her before now, and I admire the way she's politely and respectfully defended herself. Count me . . . and I hope I love it enough to piss off a whole litter of sad puppies! :)

14 comments:

  1. And waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so interesting hope you like it sad puppies? :(
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awards controversy, with the group that's trying to rig the Hugos calling themselves sad puppies.

      Delete
    2. Bob, I just read that post you linked to. I had no idea this controversy was going on! She's pretty awesome. The book sounds fantastic and I'm 100% adding this to my wish list Summer. I love visiting your blog.

      Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

      Delete
    3. Bob, I just read that post you linked to. I had no idea this controversy was going on! She's pretty awesome. The book sounds fantastic and I'm 100% adding this to my wish list Summer. I love visiting your blog.

      Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

      Delete
  3. This is new to me! Thanks for sharing

    Check out our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh holy crap, yes, I need this book! I think it's been on my radar for the better part of a year now. Possibly more than that. Either way, it's Jemisin, so I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I had it on my most anticipated list for last year, but it kept getting pushed back. Fingers crossed, this new date seems pretty firm.

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to this one too! I've never read Jemisin and I had been anticipating this one to be my first book by her, but of course the release date kept being pushed back :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. he he he!! Yes I want to read this! And if it pisses off some sad puppies, I won't lose any sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always takes me a bit to get into her books but I always end up enjoying them in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh that sounds interesting! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time hearing of this book. It sounds really good! I hope you enjoy the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Hugos stuff is buuuull. I was so, so angry when I read a post by that novella guy, who shall remain nameless.

    Hopefully, the upside will be that authors such as Jemisin and others will get recognized even more. This new book of hers sounds quite interesting. I hope you enjoy it!

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete